Tuesday 2 June 2015

Pleasant Surprises

When I started this project,  I was simply interested in the technical challenge of would it be possible to recreate the same scene photographed over the entire history of photography.  I just went ahead and experimented, not really considering Copyright, etc.

After a few days I realised I should see if I could get in touch with the original publishers of Epping Forest Then and Now.  I was surprised to find that the publishers After The Battle were still going and independent,  so I emailed them explaining what I was doing.

Imagine my surprise when I got a reply back from Winston Ramsey - one of the two original authors of the book and still at After The Battle.  He very graciously said I could use the pictures from the original book as long as there was a credit on each page,  which I was more than happy to do.

It is really good of him to allow the re-purposing of his work and I would encourage anyone who enjoys these images to treat themselves to a copy of the book (available at www.afterthebattle.com ) which has many more pictures than I will possibly be able to recreate and many fascinating news articles from the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment